Last updated June 7th, 2020
Lefty’s sells premium hemp smokes (no tobacco, less than .3% THC) and other related products (as modified, collectively, the “Lefty’s Products”) to customers through its website at https://leftys.com (the “Site”).
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you purchase any Lefty’s Products or access or use the Site, the other Lefty’s Services or any of the other features, functions, services, and products, including our travel partners’ services and products, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect or may collect:
- In accessing and using the Site.
- In registering to create and to use an account for the purchase of the Lefty’s Products.
- In accessing and using the Site and the other Lefty’s Services.
- In purchasing any of the Lefty’s Products.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages sent through or use of the Site and the other Lefty’s Services.
- When you send any content through the Site or any of the other Lefty’s Services.
- Through services provided to us or to you by third-party companies, agents or contractors, including our travel partners.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Lefty’s or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any link that may be accessible from or on the Site or any of the other Lefty’s Services.
Minors under the Age of 18
Neither the Lefty’s Products nor any of the other Lefty’s Services are intended for minors under 21 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information on or through the Site or the other Lefty’s Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through any of the Lefty’s Services or any of its features or register on the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of any of the Lefty’s Services or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name, username you may use or any pictures of you. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect or may collect several types of information from and about customers and other users of the Site and the other Lefty’s Services, including:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, including personal information such as name, e-mail address, billing address and phone number;
- Analytics information;
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the date and time of visit;
- Device, internet and mobile information such as the hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, wireless network, and mobile network information;
- Geo-location information;
- When you report a problem with any of the Lefty’s Products, the Site or any of the other Lefty’s Services;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us; and/or
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Site and any of the other Lefty’s Services.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through or use the Site or any of the other Lefty’s Services.
- From third parties, such as our customers, business partners and other third parties that provide us or you with certain services, including our travel partners.
Certain transactions may also involve you calling us or our calling you. Please be aware that we may monitor, and in some cases, record such calls for staff training or quality assurance purposes.
We take every reasonable step to limit the volume of your personal information that we process to what is reasonably necessary.
We do not Engage in Automated Decision-making without Human Intervention
We do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
Consequences of not providing Personal information
You are not required to provide all personal information identified in this policy to use our Site or to interact with us offline, but certain functionality will not be available if you do not provide personal information. In addition, if you do not provide the personal information, you may not be able to purchase any of the Lefty’s Products or we may not be able to respond to your requests.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
Do Not Track Policy
Your web browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. We do not honor any web browser “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you with the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. At present, no universally accepted standards exist on how companies should respond to do-not-track signals. In the event a final universally accepted standard is established, we will assess and provide an appropriate response to these signals.
Third-party Responsibilities and Services
We may use or partner with other third-party companies, agents or contractors for various purposes in connection with our business and operations (“Service Providers”), including, invoicing and payment processing, shipping and delivering, relationship building, the marketing and growth of our business and the performance of services on our behalf, such as gathering and analyzing information and the provision of services to you. In the course of performing these responsibilities and providing such services, these other companies may have access to your information. We may also share information, including your information, with these Services Providers in order to enable them to perform these responsibilities and to provide these services. These Services Providers may have adopted their own privacy policies, which are not subject to control by Lefty’s. You should always review the policies of these Service Providers to make sure that you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information. We do not list our current Service Providers because they change from time to time. If you would like the names of any of Service Providers, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Service Providers may also transmit cookies to your computer or device when you click on ads that appear on or through the Service.
As a convenience to you, we may or may in the future also provide links to other third-parties from within our Service. If you click on one of these links, you will be redirected to that third-party’s site (via affiliate cookies) and such third party may also transmit cookies to you. We do not have any control over that or how they collect, use, maintain, protect and disclose your information. Please be aware that cookies placed by third parties may continue to track your activities online even after you are no longer using any the Lefty’s Services, and those third parties may not honor “Do Not Track” requests you have set using your web browser.
Use of Google Analytics
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
DoubleClick: We may use Google Analytics and Google Adwords remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on a website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page. Google has additional information available about its Remarketing Privacy Guidelines, Policies, and Restrictions on its website.
How We Use Your Information
- Where the use of your information is necessary for the purchase of the Lefty’s Products or to provide the other Lefty’s Services;
- Where the use is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests (or those of a third party);
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- Where you have given your consent (which can be withdrawn at any time).
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you the Site and the other Lefty’s Services and the content that is on it.
- To provide you the Lefty’s Products, including shipping and delivery.
- To process and complete transactions, including the purchase of Lefty’s Products and to send you related information.
- To provide technical and other support to you.
- To send you news or information about us or Lefty’s Products that may be of interest to you (if you have opted in).
- To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with the Lefty’s Services and our business and operations.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to any of the Lefty’s Products, the Site and the other Lefty’s Services.
- To enhance the safety and security of all of the Lefty’s Services.
- To verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Some of the information that we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties or you provide to us. It helps us to improve the Site and the other Lefty’s Services, and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and better understand usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, enabling us to customize the Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Site and the Site.
Storage and Transfer of Your Information
We may store any data or other information that we collect (personal or otherwise) ourselves or in databases and servers owned and maintained by us, our affiliates, agents or Service Providers. If you access or use the Site or any of the other Lefty’s Services outside of the United States, information that we collect about you may be transferred to servers inside the United States and maintained indefinitely, which may involve the transfer of information out of countries located in the European Economic Area and other parts of the world unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law or agreed by Lefty’s and you. By allowing Lefty’s to collect information about you, you consent to such transfer and processing of such information without restriction. We may also store some information locally on your computer or other devices. For example, we may store information as local cache so that you can open the Site and view content faster.
Although users from all over the world may access the Site and the other Lefty’s Services, keep in mind that no matter where you live or where you happen to use our services, you consent to us processing and transferring information in and to the United States and other countries whose data-protection and privacy laws may offer fewer protections than those in your home country.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our customers and users, and information that does not include any personal information, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To Service Providers, contractors and other third parties we use to support the Lefty’s Services and our business but only to the extent necessary for them to provide this support.
- To a potential or actual buyer, assignee or other successor (including its related advisors and agents) in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Lefty’s’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Lefty’s about users of the Site and the other Lefty’s services is among the assets that may be or are actually transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your data information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply the Terms and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lefty’s, our customers or others.
We will not sell any of your personal information
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Personal information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your personal information:
- Promotional Offers from Lefty’s. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Lefty’s to market or otherwise promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out through the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of the applicable email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Lefty’s as a result of a service or product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. You may be able to opt out of receiving personalized advertisements from companies who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or who subscribe to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising. For more information about this practice and to understand your options, please visit: https://www.aboutads.info and https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/. You may also use TRUSTe’s Preference Manager at https://preferences-mgr.truste.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal information
You may change, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us through your account or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at: Lefty’s LLC, 512 W. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Suite 109, Austin, Texas 78701.
How Long We Store Your Personal information
We will only retain your personal information, in a form which permits us to identify you, for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for. We will retain and use your personal information as necessary to satisfy any legal, accounting or reporting requirements, to resolve disputes or to enforce our agreements and rights. To dispose of personal information, we may anonymize it, delete it or take other appropriate steps. Data may persist in copies made for backup and business continuity purposes for additional time.
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We provide reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security controls to protect your personal information. However, despite our efforts, no security controls are 100% effective. Lefty’s cannot ensure or warrant the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site or the other Lefty’s Services.
The safety and security of your data also depends on you. Where you have chosen (or we have given you) a password for access to and use of your account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.